Dogs have been welcome at parkrun since we started, but we do recognise that they pose a potential risk to other runners, to volunteers and to other park users.
This Dogs Policy explains parkrun’s rules for runners with dogs, and additional steps that the volunteer event teams may need to take to ensure the safety of everybody concerned.
We ask parkrunners with dogs to abide by the following rules:
- One dog per runner at our 5k events.
- Most of our events do allow runners with dogs but there are some events which do not.
- Dogs should be kept under firm control, on a short lead or a harness with a short lead, and extreme care taken to avoid tripping other runners.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Dogs should not be registered. Any registration allocated to a dog, or any other animal, will be deleted and any associated results will be removed.
- parkrunners are responsible for the welfare of their own dog.
Cllr Adam Hort was one of six City of Gosnells councillors who volunteered at Homestead parkrun’s 100th event this month. Adam explains how parkrun has had a major impact on his local area and why the council is proud to support this wonderful community asset. I had the pleasure of participating in the 100th Homestead parkrun…
Guest article written by Brooks. At Brooks, we’ve always been about movement and progress, and with the Green Silence, we are taking a giant leap towards a greener, more sustainable future. We are excited to introduce the new special edition Ghost 15: Green Silence. The Green Silence are specialty designed with the planet…