Sometimes I have heard the following:
‘Yes, I’ll come and do parkrun sometime, but only when I’m fit enough’
I hope to convince you that the there’s no need to wait and the time to come to parkrun is now! Here’s 7 reasons to come along to parkrun!
1. No-one’s judging you at parkrun. As we always say, it’s a run, not a race. You’re only ever competing with yourself (and even then only if you want to :-). You can run, jog or walk around, or a combination of the above.
2. Other runners and all the volunteers are going to be super friendly and encouraging. Everyone wants you to do well. Even the faster runners.
3. Consistency is the most important thing at any level of running, from new beginners to top athletes. parkrun offers you the chance to get a weekly 5km run in the company of others. (For the record, I think running alone is also great for many reasons. A mix of running alone and running in company is perfect!)
4. parkrun gives you a great chance to measure progress and celebrate improvements. It’s very motivating to see your PB improving over time.
5. It’s FREE!
6. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you could do today!
7. “It’s too early on a Saturday morning”. After you’ve been running for a few minutes, it usually feels ok. The same applies on Saturday mornings too! Remember, EVERYONE is welcome to take part in parkrun and no special levels of fitness are required.
See you on Saturday!
Five kilometres. 5,000 metres. 500,000 centimetres. 5,000,000 millimetres. 3.1 miles. However you think of it, parkrun is the same distance every week. However, some weeks it can feel a lot, lot longer! Here are five mental tricks you can use to make your weekly parkrun feel like a walk, jog or run in the…
Welcome once again to the weekly round-up of our Nordic parkruns. Whilst we were luckier with the cancellations this week – only the events on a winter pause were not running this week – it’s hard to conclude that it’s quite springtime yet for much of the Nordics! Have a look below: Hands…