It’s New Year, the time of year for new beginnings, new goals, new promises!
parkrun might not be the solution to all your motivational issues but we think that we can definitely help!
- parkrun is free, so unlike signing up for an annual gym membership, you don’t have to worry that your commitment to a ‘new you’ is costing you lots of money!
- parkrun is on every week, so it can help you to make a regular commitment to exercise
- you’ll be sure of a friendly, welcoming, encouraging atmosphere at parkrun
- it’s all about the taking part, not about finishing first. You can walk, jog or run; you can run with your dog, you can run with your kids. And if you don’t choose to run then you can always volunteer!
- you always get a time, so you can monitor your progress throughout the year
- you get rewarded for the more parkruns you run. Take part in 50 parkruns and you’ll get a red ’50’ milestone t-shirt. And you can get a purple ’25’ volunteer t-shirt even quicker.
Come and join us at Haga parkrun for your new start for 2017!
This weekend will be a celebration of parkrun with our ‘special day’ events taking place in Denmark on 5th June and Sweden on 6th June, in addition to our regular parkrun events on Saturday 3rd June. In Denmark 6 of our 9 events will be hosting a special event on Monday 5th June, including…
All around the world, we’ve seen over 28,000 unique volunteers in the parkwalker role and they’ve parkwalked over 52,000 times! We speak to one of the parkwalkers, Cathy Hannon, about why she chooses to volunteer in her favourite role every Saturday morning. Cathy’s chronic condition means that parkwalking is the best option for her, she relishes the…