As New Zealand prepares to return to parkrun next Saturday, here in the States we wait for conditions to stabilize and for officials to give the OK to return (as per our covid statement)
Our parkrun communities are remaining active, particularly with the launch of (not)parkrun which has been complementing many of event’s own virtual series. Here are some highlights of what has been going on around the country:
- Leakin Park turn three this Saturday, and have been encouraging people to post photos of their socially distant runs and walks on their facebook page. Photo from last year!
- Other parkruns celebrating anniversaries in June are Perrigo (2), Oak Grove(2), Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller (2), Livonia (9), Deep Run (4), Heritage Harbour (4), Des Moines Creek (3), and Durham NC (7).
- Last week we had 181 (not)parkruns across the country, including 17 representing Delaware and Raritan Canal, and 9 at Creekside which is one of the parkruns we have stuck at the start line.
- Byxbee parkrun have been getting arty with their running shoes! Clearly with all the time on Saturday morning not at parkrun, there is a good opportunity for creating art!
- Charleston parkrun have been able to meet for in person coffee as local restrictions have lifted enough for some groups to meet in person and for coffee shops to open.
- Fletchers Cove virtual parkrun tourism continues this week with a Zoom call with parkrun Poznan in Poland! See their facebook page for details if you want to join.
- The team at Howard Temin Lakeshore Path parkrun have been entertainingly keepingus up to date with their their park-activities each week. Ranging from Fathers Day running to Turtle Walking!
This is far and away the most common question that parkrun USA receives. For many years we had to say, “No,” but since August 2018 we’ve been able to say, “No but there’s one in NJ you can get to from NYC.” Delaware and Raritan Canal parkrun (aka D&RC) is in Somerset County in…
Saturday saw the long-awaited return of parkrun New Zealand, the first parkrun events back after an extended global lockdown, and a return, in that part of the world at least, to pre-Coronavirus routines. Since the earliest days of this challenge we had prioritised the work required to ensure a smooth return to action when the…